Some frequently asked questions:
Why stay with trailab?
- True mountain bike holiday specialists
- We’re competitively priced compared to B&Bs or hotels
- Our quality accommodation & service is unmatched
- Careful attention to detail
- We only work with the Best of British
- All our partners are the most knowledgeable in their field
- Have a comfortable and easy holiday
- All the above means our holidays are unique!
All mountainous regions bring a variety of weather conditions so bring a rain/waterproof jacket for regular trails, but think about wet weather gear if you’re considering an epic. Bring insect repellant if you are staying in the summer months.
Why doesn’t the gondola go all the way to the summit of Aonach Mor?
When the snow covers the summits and ski slopes, humans have very little impact on the delicate mountain top environment. As soon as the snow melts, bikes and boots are carefully managed to avoid scarring the beautiful landscape. This means that access is currently only available from the mid station – still a whopping 500m of descent!
Can we ride Ben Nevis itself?
With the thousands of walkers attracted to the mountain every year, and the delicate condition of the main access path, we would remind bikers to be responsible and avoid “the Ben” – there are plenty of other great trails.
Is Nessie real?
What’s the best way to catch a Haggis?
We recommend one of the specialist guides for your best chances of finding Haggis in the nearby mountains.